Saturday, October 07, 2006

10/7: Website design is fun!

Friday night, Oct 7, 2006

Topics covered in my late night entry:
1) Website
2) General
3) Radio
4) Reviews
5) Issue Notes
6) Space/Ocean Headlines

1) Website

Here’s an oceanography website:

www.seaweb.org/home.php


2) General

Clive Francis emailed me today with a list of his theater work, so I’ve spent the day redesigning his website (I had created it a few years ago, when I was justs learning how to design webpages, and it needed some serious work. I'm not sure if I like what I've got now, but its 100% better thant the way it was. Much work still to be done). Now inputting his theater stuff.

Fun, fun, fun. He starred in his first play in 1966! You might think...what good does it do a fan to look at a list of his theater credits? It’s because, for any actor, if you know how he acts, you can picture him in your mind's eye in a particular role and just kind of see it. Of course half the plays he was in I’ve never seen with any actor, but that’s a mere bagatelle. If I ever have free time I can stop in a library, pick up a playscript (usually university libraries have these) and read it that way...

I’m looking forward to seeing the other stuff he’s going to be sending me. Very exciting!

3) Radio
Nothing’s changed since yesterday! Be sure to check out www.radiospirits.com for their Halloween lineup, and the ‘alternate universe’ comedy Undone is now available in totality at BBC7, but the Monday episode will drop off soon so make sure you listen to it.

4) Reviews
Haven’t had time to do anything in this regard.

5) Issue Notes
Worked on Moskowitz earlier today before I got Clive Francis’ email....and have spent the rest of the day doing Francis work and watching the Yanks get crushed by the Tigers! Yeah, baby! It’s not that I dislike the players on the Yanks per se, it’s just that Steinbrunner pays them too much money!

6) Space/Ocean Headlines
Space

New Bush Space Policy Unveiled, Stresses US Freedom of Action – Space.com

Ocean
Invading algae's sweet touch spells death for coral – New Scientist
NASA Data Captures El NiƱo's Return In The Pacific – Science Daily

No comments: