Sunday, October 01, 2006

10/1: 4. Late night meanderings

Sunday night, Oct 1, 2006

Topics covered in my late night entry:
1) Website
2) General
3) Radio
4) Reviews
5) Issue Notes
6) Space/Ocean Headlines
7) Quiz

1) Website
If you’re a model maker, and like space ships, this is the site for you:

http://starshipmodeler.com/index.htm

2) General
My Vikings lost. According to news reports, their offense isn’t very good...which means Brad Johnson isn’t very good. Although, supposedly, his receivers dropped some passes that were right in their hands...

Nothing much else to talk about tonight - all football stuff...hopefully this one player, Haynesworth of the Tennessee Titans who stomped a helmetless guy in the head with his cleat, opening up a 30-stitches-needed gash, will be fired....we’ll see.

3) Radio
New episode of Journey Into Space and a new American sci fi drama, Understand:
Treatment for a horrific accident has unexpected benefits in a sci-fi thriller by award-winning U.S. writer, Ted Chiang. Episode 1 of 4.
Has started on Saturday. I’m not interested in American drama - I listen to BBC radio for British stuff, for goodness sake! And, I suspect the guy doing the reading is a Brit putting on an American accent...even worse...

4) Reviews
I’ve already spoken about The Sci Fi Boys today..it’s a must have doc.

5) Issue Notes
October issue now online. I’ve got lots of stuff I want to do for the November issue. I need to put together a to do list so I can get it all done!

6) Space/Ocean Headlines
Ocean

Changing storms increase coastal erosion – New Scientist

Space
Software Revises Neil Armstrong's Moon Quote – Space.com
NASA's Vision Takes to the Road - Space.com (NASA’s Vision for Space Exploration trailer, crossing the country)

No comments: