Sunday, October 01, 2006

10/1: 3. The Sci-Fi Boys

I'm taking a break from football and chilling out by watching The Sci Fi Boys, a wonderful documentary by Paul Davids.

My reviewer RB reviewed it a few months ago, and you can check out the review at:
Sci Fi Boys Review

Although any media my reviewer gets to review is his to keep, I asked him to loan this to me because I wanted to see it for myself...and it is a walk down nostalgia lane. Most of the people who are 'names' in the genre today participated in this, and there are movie clips of them as they were 30 years ago and as they are today...


Harryhausen and Ackerman



Peter Jackson, right on the heels of filming King Kong (as you can tell by the cover), Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury, Forry Ackerman, Roger Corman, Bob Burns...and so many others are in this thing. It's just a lot of fun.

If you're any kind of a sci fi fan, you'll want to get this doc!

(Although there is one weird, thing, I must admit. In the bonuses there's a photo gallery, accompanied with no music, and no explanation of who the people are or where the photos were taken. Bummer!)

No comments: