Thursday, September 28, 2006

9/28: 3. All the powers of hell!

Thursday night, Sept 28, 2006

Topics covered in my late night entry:
1) Website
2) General
3) Radio
4) Reviews
5) Issue Notes
6) Space/Ocean Headlines
7) Quiz

1) Website

I don’t think I’ve shared with you guys Jean-Noel Bassior’s Space Patrol book website. It has a new design so it loads a lot quicker, but it’s still a treat for the eye. Plus, you can listen to a Space Patrol radio episode, and see a whole episode - guest starring Lee Van Cleef!!!
Also, you can read sample pages from the book.

http://spacepatrolbook.com/contents.html

2) General
Just got back from seeing Disney’s Princesses Wishes On Ice tonight at the Hampton Coliseum. It was a family outing type of thing...not too bad, but I like a little more villains in my ice shows! Ursula from Little Mermaid was there...but they turned the beautiful but wicked witch Maleficent into the wicked and bright green/ugly witch in Sleeping Beauty...but the Dragon was cool. (In Sleeping Beauty, Maleficient is beautiful, and turns into a dragon at the end to kill the Prince but is killed instead.) Her line from the movie about "summoning all the powers of hell itself" was changed to "summoning all the powers of evil." I wonder if, in reissues of Sleeping Beauty the movie, that line is changed also.

I checked the Disney on Ice website and there’s a couple of other shows I’d prefer to have seen, but I guess it’s all regional and Monsters, Inc. and the Incredibles ain’t comin’ t this region anytime soon. I’ve love to see a for-adults version of Pirates of the Caribbean....I’d like to see that done on ice, or some other kind of adult fairy tale taking place on ice (by adult I mean for mature audiences, please mark you!)

3) Radio
None to report at this time.

4) Reviews
Finished the Kreating Karloff review. A lot of fun. See it in the October issue of The Thunder Child. Next up, the Driving Through Futures Past review, and then finally Echelon

5) Issue Notes
All I’m working on right now is reviews...and shaking my head over my ‘archives/index page’ situation. Really shot myself in the foot there re getting these things into search engines...but I’m all caught up now and will stay caught up in the future.

6) Space/Ocean Headlines

Space
Back to Earth: Expedition 13 Astronauts, Ansari to Leave ISS Today – Space.com
Time for Europa – Space.com
Aboard ISS: Crew Swap Goes Well, Space Tourist Prepares for Return – Space.com
Virgin Galactic Unveils SpaceShipTwo Interior Concept – Space.com
'Disappearing' lakes may dot Titan – New Scientist
Jim Benson Exits SpaceDev to Start Space Tourism Company – Space.com
Ansari, Expedition 13 Crew Return to Earth – Space.com

Oceanography
Race Against Extinction: Are Marine Organisms Able To Adapt To Ocean Acidification? – Science Daily

Environment
Dinosaurs' Climate Shifted Too, Reports Show – Science Daily
As Ozone Hole Approaches Annual Peak, NASA Scientists Reveal Latest Information And Images – Science Daily

No comments: