Friday, September 01, 2006

9/1 Ernesto

Electricity was down for most of the day...so I was unable to get much done. Kind of fun to be sitting safe and sound inside my house watching the rain and the wind....in nearby Norfolk (VA) the streets were flooded..lots of damage, but here I guess we're on higher ground.

Been reading Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers, and a collection called Requiem...interesting stuff. Of all the sci fi writers who contributed to writing essays honoring Heinlein, Isaac Asimov is conspicuous by his absence...but then, I guess he did get irritated with some of Heinlein's views...and I myself can't stand much of his later work...

My reviewer finally sent me some stuff....so I don't think I'll lower the hammer on him. I was going to have him send me all the books he got two months ago - but now I guess I'll let him keep them...but I won't be getting him anymore.

I'll leave the door open for him to write articles for me...he is quite knowledgeable and writes well...but the lack of communication is just too annoying.

No comments: