Monday, September 25, 2006

9:/25 2. Today's library books

I visit the library about once a day, for a few reasons.

I have this 'thing' about bibliographies. I like to construct them, usually not sorted alphabetically by title or author but chronologically, by publication year. I'm doing it right now for children's oceanography books, and of course I'm working on it for science fiction novels.

So, the books I checked out today:

The Blue Planet: Seas of Life, by a variety of authors, to accompany the BBC/Discovery channel's documetnary. 2001.

Swimming with Sea Lions and other Adventures in the Galapogos Islands, by Ann McGovern. 1992.

Arctic and Antarctic, by Barbara Taylor. An Eyewitness Book. 1995.

The Voyage of the Beagle, by Charles Darwin. The 1845 edition, reprinted here in 2000. This is actually a book that is online in various editions, and which I'm having my TechnoOcean cadets read.

Good Boatkeeping: 2,700 ways to improve life afloat. I just thought this might be amusing to look through...wish I had the money to have a boat to live on. However, I can literally get seasick in a kid's paddleboat these days, so no ocean waves for me..

No comments: