Tuesday, September 26, 2006

9/26: 2. The amount of time I've wasted today...

Tuesday night, Sept 26, 2006

Topics covered in my late night entry:
1) Website
2) General
3) Radio
4) Reviews
5) Issue Notes
6) Space/Ocean Headlines
7) Quiz

1) Website

Are you a fan of British sci fi and fantasy TV? Then check out this site:

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/databanks.htm


2) General
I was browsing the web today and saw lots of entries about that car dealership with the Jihad ad. About 99% of ‘em said that the ads had to be pulled because Muslims would be offended. So I just thought I’d reiterate my own opinion, which is that any normal person would be offended by this stuff. Lots of people all over the world have been killed, mutilated, or just life generally ruined by jihadists. There’s nothing funny about the subject.

I've just spent the last hour looking for a photo I downloaded of James Whitmore in Them! It's a scene where he's seated on a table, with 6 ft 7 James Arness in foreground, and Whitmore is wearing lifts on his shoes. I know I downloaded it, but I can't find it. The page that had it, no longer has it, for some reason.

SO, once again, I've got to do a better job filing my downloads, because this is getting ridiculous!

3) Radio
Looks like sci fi on BBC Radio 7 is going to be strictly on weekends for the next few months. There are some current audio people, I’ll have to track down their websites and listen to their offerings to see if they’re worth mentioning here.

4) Reviews
Later on tonight I’ll be watching Kreating Karloff.

5) Issue Notes
It’s 4 days to the end of the month and the issue is practically done! Just waiting for my reviewers to send me their material. This is nice, because for the last three months at least the issue has come out 5 days late...and put me 5 days behind on working towards the next issue. So now, I should be able to start getting ahead and stockpiling articles for the future.

6) Space/Ocean Headlines
Space

Astronomers Find Supernova First Spotted 2,000 Years Ago – Space.com
Rocketplane Kistler Says It Has New Strategic Partner in the Wings – Space.com
Iranian women look up to find Ansari – Space.com
Sun's Activity Increased in Past Century, Study Confirms – Space.com
Even on the ground, space elevators may have uses – New Scientist
Mars rover nears rim of giant crater – New Scientist
UP Aerospace to Retrieve Rocket After Failed Launch – Space.com
Pluto-bound Probe Snaps Photo of Jupiter – Space.com
NASA Chief Agrees to Working Groups with China, But Full Cooperation Far Off – Space.com

7) Quiz
Do you like science fiction? Do you like to write? Then contact The Thunder Child and get free books to review!

No comments: