Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9/12: Reference works

Spent most of Monday - that'd be yesterday - compiling reference works for the next issue of The Thunder Child...which is going to concentrate mostly on reference works - sci fi and fantasy books in chronological published order, sci fi terms first used, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to see the interview from Forry Ackerman. I've emailed Joe Moe a couple of times in the last two weeks and he hasn't bothered to respond at all. As I've said before, I don't care if I get a yes or no, but have the courtesy to respond in some fashion to an email sent to you!

On a lighter note, my Minnesota Vikings won on Monday night football, so that made me happy. Then the Oakland Raiders lost. I didn't mind that so much but they looked soooo bad doing it. And then there was the case of a Mr. Merriman, a player on the Chargers, a veritable sack master. Seems he's got a schtick of, whenever he sacks a QB, wiping his feet on the ground as if he's getting rid of mud on his shoes. Never mind that his teammates are waiting to congratulate him...he's got to do this little schtick. Or signature act. Or whatever you want to call it. Looks ridiculous and bush league, and I can't believe he wasn't called for taunting for doing it.

But then, a lot of the other defensive players do it too. The game's just started, they make a stop and act like they've just won the game on their individual shoulders. Course with these players, their team could be losing by 20 points, but if *they* make a stop, they'll celebrate like it was the best thing in the world...

What I'd *really* like to see is when these glory-hogging players do their little "look at me" dance after some little stop, the rest of their teammates just walk away from them, leaving him to shine in solitude - where he'll look like the idiot he is.

Well, forgive the rant.

Anyway, the Vikings are the important team. I just hope they can continue to improve so that when they meet teams that are actually good, they can still win!

No comments: