Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lady Vols defeat Uconn Huskies - barely

I watched the first half of the Vols game and enjoyed it - they took a 12 point lead into the locker rooms. Loved the first few minutes of the 2nd half - Candace Parker dunked. And that fired up the Huskies and they started cutting into the 18 point lead. When they got it down to 5 points, I turned off the TV. I just couldn't stand it.

But, they won by 6.

Of course, the Vols boards is saying that Candace was being singled out by the refs for *bad* calls. Meantime, the Huskies boards is saying that the refs gave her special consideration! You've just to laugh.

Unfortunately, I can't give any opinions one way or the other, since I wasn't watching the games when the fouls against her started being called! A friend will be sending me a DVD of the game, I hope, so I'll be able to watch it at that time and make my decisions.

In other sports news, Colts beat the Chiefs. I'd like to see Peyton Manning win a superbowl this year. Well - really it's Tony Dungy whom I'd like to see win it - but it's Peyton Manning - and more obviously their defense - that has to get them there.

I'm going to spend some time watching the Cowboys. I don't really have time to watch them - I've pretty much wasted the whole day today when I have so much other stuff to be getting done - but, heck, I'm gonna do it anyway.

No comments: