Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday fixin's

Not much going on today. I have got to go through my entire website and doublecheck lnks for book reviews and various articles, as I have been very neglectful in putting new review/article links on the appropriate sitemap and index pages. Shooting myself in the foot. I really need to get a content management system, but I'm not making enough money yet to justify that expense.... and I do like the freedom to modify various pages when I need to.

But the amount of time I waste trying to fix these lost links...it's annoying.

Started to read a book called Shanghaied to the Moon, by Michael Daley. It took me a few pages to get used to the narrative, first person present tense, but now I'm really enjoying it and will be writing a review for The Thunder Child.

Any Asimov fans? I've started a new Asimov quotebook - better than anything else you'll find because it contains the title of the essays from which the quotes come, which is something the other sites don't do.

If you've never heard old time radio drama, you should give it a try, and start with the classic program, Suspense. Hear Jack Benny as a Martian, William Holden as a hysterical astronaut, as well as Richard Widmark, William Powell, Orson Welles and Agnes Moorehead. I list all the sci fi Suspense episodes in a new article.

http://thethunderchild.com

No comments: