Thursday, January 18, 2007

IN the year 6565

I am not the happiest of campers today. I'd been sicker than a dog 2 days with a severe cold. Stuck in bed most of the time. Last night, from about 3 pm to 10 pm, I felt great and assumed the cold was over. Not so. Went to bed at 10 pm, woke up with a sore throat - which had been what started my first cold to begin with. Now the sore throat is gone but the nose is running, eyes running, ya da ya da yada and I am *not* pleased. I've got too much to do but I simply can't concentrate on anything long enough to do it justice.

So, hopefully this will be just one more day wasted.

It's true I hadn't changed my bedclothes after I got over the cold the first time, but I honestly didn't think it was possible to re-catch a cold from germs you'd already had.... I have now washed all the bedclothes even though it's too late to do me any good.

So, unable to think, I've been putzing around. Listened to the Lady Vols beat Mississippi State, without Candace Parker. Messed around on the Vols message board discovering that the reading comprehension of various people sucks. (More on that anon, if I ever get well enough to write about it.)

Also visited Youtube and found a video of in-a-gadda-da-vida, which I confess I'd never heard about before. It is obviously a slurring of In the Garden of Eden. I do like the famous guitar 'riff' that it uses...

Also found the video of Zager and Evans doing In the Year 2525. They wait until the year 6565 to claim there'll be no need for wives or husbands, because children will be chosen by test tube...we're gonna get to that by 2525, the way the world is going...

And, aha! I haven't yet see Children of Men..and probably wont go see it - too grim, but I wonder if the scriptwriters forgot about test tube babies and cloning...

Anyway, here's the video. First written in 1964, apparently, but hit the charts in 1969.

No comments: