Monday, July 02, 2007

Ratatouille

I went to see this movie yesterday, and it was .... okay.

A rat named Remy who has a gift for tasting flavors of food, gets separated from his father, brother and the clan and is lost in Paris, until he finds the restaurant called Gusteau. There, he meets a hapless nebbish named Linguini, who can't cook - except with the help of Remy who hides under his hat and pulls his hair in order to control him like a puppet.

Various complications ensue from a jealous chef, and a malignant food critic, and family who expect to be fed for free.

The animation is marvelous, it's funny... but since my taste runs to more adventurous fare, I confess I was bored most of the time. I don't know what age group of children would like this... I would think it would be boring for kids under six or so...

But the animation is so good that it should be seen at least once - preferably at a matinee so you don't have to spend too much money on it.

No comments: