Friday, March 02, 2007

Webpage woes - Isaac Asimov

About a month ago, I uploaded a few Isaac Asimov articles. Went back to one of them today (an analysis of his first collection of F &SF essays, Fact and Fancy) and discovered that all the text on the page was underlined and a couple of paragraphs were centered. Lots of people have looked at that page and no one - not one - bothered to hit the "Contact us" button and tell me that the html on that page was all messed up.

Well, it's fixed now, but I'm frustrated. I don't understand why people, if they seen an error on someone's webpage, don't tell them about it! Of course - I have performed that service a couple of times and have either been ignored or gotten a "do I know you?" response, and I'm like.... you've got a mistake on your website, which is unprofessional. I'm letting you know so you can fix it. All you need to do is say thanks, not act like I'm being a 'busybody' or whatever.

Anyway, if any of my readers see mistakes of any kind - from mispellings to bad html code - please tell me so I can fix it!

I also looked at the Asimov Quotebook page, and I really dislike the format of that now that I look at it after a month's absense. So I'm reformatting it to make it look cleaner and more attractive. I've also got some more quotes to add.

Meantime, I'm listening to the Lady Vols vs South Carolina in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament via digital radio....

No comments: