Tuesday, March 06, 2007

John Steed and Emma Peel, The Avengers

I grew up watching John Steed and Emma Peel, the Avengers, and they were role models for me, in particular Emma Peel. This has always been my perception of how a marriage/partnership should be - both people equal.

I have all the official novels of the series and none of them captured the flavor of the series itself - not surprising when they were written by Americans for an American audience..

A couple of years ago I wrote several fan fiction short stories in which I think I captured the wit, charm and flavor of the series to a T. In those couple of years the stories have sat idle, now I've decided to bring them out as a FREE PDF so that people can download them and read at their leisure.

Two Such People

If you're a fan of the original Avengers TV series, please check them out!

These radio programs at BBC Radio 7, playing Monday for 7 days, sound like horror to me and I"m not intersted in em, but I report them here for completeness:

Blood Lines
Cthul-You: The new writing series continues with a dark horror story featuring demonic goings-on in internet chat rooms.

Fresh Blood
By the Light of the Moon: Solomon's waiting in a restaurant. He's planned a very special evening but his guest isn't quite what he expected. Episode 6 of 10

No comments: