Wednesday, August 30, 2006

8/30 Five Jam-Packed Days

I'm angling for the September issue of The Thunder Child to go live on September 5.

This will give me time to format any reviews I get from my one soon-to-be-ex reviewer, my children's book reviewer who has promised me 4 reviews, and my own work.

I just finished laying out the illustrations for the synopsis of The Thief of Bagdad, a fantasy film from 1940 starring one of my favorite actors, Conrad Veidt. I have often toyed with the idea of writing a novel about this man, who was extremely heroic in his own way (not Jewish, he married a Jewish woman and took her with him when he left Germany in 1936, and upon arrival in England promptly made 2 pro-Jewish movies which culminated in his having all his films banned from Germany byJoesph Goebbels.)

No sf today on BBC 7 - although there's still stuff available from previous days, but I've been lisatening to other, comedy shows which are hilarious.

No comments: