Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/15 Slloooooowwwwww days

I'm working on an article about Professor Challenger - Arthur Conan Doyle's creation, who starred in The Lost World, a novel, The Poison Belt, a novella, and a couple of short stories.

Trying to do research into the relationship between John W. Campbell and EE Doc Smith, but not getting much done there.

Other than that....I've still got 11 days here in Germany before I leave for home and so I'm kind of torn betwee anticipation of getting home (away from the very loud kids that live around this house) and regret that I have to leave. And suspense as I wonder if my plane will leave on time and with a minimum of fuss - considering the news coming out.

Supposedly the terrorist plot at Heathrow was sprung a week early due to pressure from the White House...and so everyone in the States had to suffer for something that was going on in England - except that none of the terrorists were even ready to spring the plot on the day they clamped down!

Frankly I have zip-zero-nada confidence in any politician - democrat or republican. They are, unfortunately, all crooks.

No comments: