Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How To Avoid Getting Your Emails Trashed

Today I received an email from a total stranger. Subject line: Question.

Now, in my decade or so on the internet, receiving emails from all and sundry, an email from a total stranger, with a vague subject line like that, invariably means that its spam. 99 times out of 100, I just trash it.

Today, for some reason, I opened it, and it turned out to be a legitimate email from someone wanting to borrow one of my FilmFax mags.

I thought about responding to the guy and telling him just how close he came to never getting an answer because I'd trashed his email without reading it, but eventually I didn't bother because I know some people seem to get upset if you dare to give them advice...even good advice.

So I just responded, "Sure, just tell me which one you want." and let it go at that.

No comments: