Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sand Rock Sentinel now on Twitter

http://twitter.com/SandRockSentnel

I'm trying an experiment with Twitter. I'll be using it in "real-time" to tell the story of the movie Them!, from the 1950s, and, simultaneously, the complete ouvre of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, starting with 11 Days to Zero.

My hope is that people who see the tweets will be intrigued to visit my website, The Thunder Child, as well as check out these classic movies and TV series on DVD. Today there's so much garbage on TV...kids don't have any role models to look up - at least, not any good ones.

Anyway..it may not work, as the illusion of things happening in real time is destroyed somewhat by my having to put the dates of each event. However, right now I'm just setting the background - nuclear testing in Nevada, Admiral Nelson's Seaview ready for sea trials, and in another few days I'll start dealin eith the movie/episodes proper.

So we'll see how it goes.

No comments: