Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The original Chicken Heart

I found my version of The Chicken Heart, and here it is:




but I also found a website that also has it.

http://davidszondy.com/Radio.htm

Although for some reason the davidszondy version does not have the heartbeats as part of the program. I don't understand why. The actors are the same, their vocal inflections are all the same as far as I can tell, which leads me to believe it's the same broadcast, but the ever-present beating of the Heart that gives the show its eerieness... isn't there!

This radio page is full of treasures (all except WoW broadcast in the 1950s), which you can listen to for free:

- Appointment in Tomorrow, by Fritz Leiber
- The Green Hills of Earth by Robert A. Heinlein
- First Contact, by Murray Leinster
- The Seventh Victim, by Robert Sheckley
- Tunnel Under the World, by Frederik Pohl
- Liar! by Isaac Asimov
- The Cave of Night, by James Gunn
- The Roads Must Roll, by Robert A. Heinlein
- Space Merchants, by Frederik Pohl & C. M. Kornbluth
- A Logic Named Joe, by Murray Leinster
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. (1938 version by Orson Welles)
- Junkyard, by Clifford D. Simak.

No comments: