Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Chicken Heart that Ate New York City

I'm not really a fan of horror - in any medium, but occasionally I listen to it if it has a certain actor I like for example. (Although this is verrrrrrrrrry rare, as I learned that it's not worth it a long time ago -- when I actually went to see the movie The Devil's Rain because it had William Shatner in it. NEVER AGAIN.)

Anyway, long story short, I've got Chicken Heart, a Lights Out episode by Arch Oboler. I don't know which version I've got - it was on the Best of Radio compilation tape, and is certainly not the entire episode...but it's pretty fun.

And the monologue in which Bill Crosby talks about it (on his album Wonderfulness) is absolutely hilarious.

I've taken the 5 minutes specifically about CHicken Heart and put them here.



If you like it, you have to hear the full monologue of Bill Cosby's to enjoy the experience totally, and you can get it from Amazon (and I'd appreciate it if you'd use the link below!)

Enjoy.

No comments: