Sunday, September 09, 2007

Is there nothing original on TV these days??

I've been watching football most of the day...and I keep seeing ads for a show called Journeyman..in which a guy (why is it women never get to be the heroines of these kinds of tv shows?) travels back in time to fix other people's problems.

My that sounds kind of familiar. Kind of like Quantum Leap, eh? Except instead of being in someone else's body he just knows what's going to happen and saves the day. Kind of a combination of Quantum Leap and... was it called Front Page, where a newspaper delivered every day tells a guy what he has to do to fix other people's problems.

I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd give a woman a chance to do these heroic things - but the closest we ever got to that was Touched By an Angel - a copy of Michael Landon's show...

A show called Chuck...Saving the World at $11 An Hour might be kind of cute. From the ads it looks like we've got a karate chopping female secret agent, and a male geek with the brains and, I think, a photographic memory, who saves the day for her on a regular basis.

I don't have a lot of time to watch TV these days...indeed I cringe to think how much time I've wasted watching football today, and will undoubtedly waste on subsequent Sundays...but hey, it's football.

No comments: