Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Last Wish

Over the past several months I've gotten several books for review, and have fallen behind on reviewing them.

I'm going to try to remedy that, and start with The Last Wish, by Andrezej Sapkowski, which introduces "The Witcher."

In other words its a horror novel, which I dont' really care for, but they sent it to me so I'll review it.

Here's the back flap:

Geralt de Rivia is a witcher. A cunning sorcerer. A merciless assassin.

And a cold-blooded killer.

His sole purpose: to destroy the monsters that plague the world.

But not everything monstrous looking is evil, and not everything fair is good...and in every fairy talethere is a grain of truth.

The Last Wish is "the international hit that inspired the videp game The Witcher."

The author, Andrzej Sapkowski is one of Polnd's most popular writers, outselling Stephen King and Michael Crichton. His books have been translated into Czech, French, German, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak and Spanish.

The video game:



and the book



and I'll be reviewing the book shortly.

www.orbitbooks.net

No comments: