Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Countdown to Germany

The purpose of this blog is going to expand in the next three months, as I spend from June 3-August 30 in Landstuhl, Germany, near the Ramstein Air Force Base.

I hope to become an expert in German sci-fi in those 3 months, for all that my plan to have a rudimentary grasp of the language before I went has fallen by the wayside.

In the next 3 months I'll be sharing photos of everything German - from what candybars and tv dinners look like, to store fronts, to streets, to play areas, to castles.

I'll also have a companion website...and store...in the hopes that it will help defray my costs for this expedition to Germany.

So please check back frequently, and visit the various bookstore links..and The Thunder Child Science Fiction web magazine!

No comments: