Saturday, August 14, 2010

Found treasures

I'm packing up to move halfway across the country, out to Cheyenne Wyoming.

I've just emptied out my closet and come across a box of my short stories and other writings, that I haven't seen for 10 years.

I'd always remembered that I'd written one novel, which I called The Delicious Death Society. What I hadn't remembered is that I'd written another novel, called Death Desired - though it all came back to me when I found the manuscript box.

I also found about half of a book I'd written called The Rock, The Vulture and the Chain. Another one that I'd forgotten about.

So, once I get to Cheyenne and get settled in, I've got a lot of typing to do so that I can self-publish these books on Kindle!

At least...I hope so. I won't re-read them until I get to Cheyenne...hopefully they'll be, if not good, at least salvageable.

Since I'll be coming to them after a period of 10 years, I'll be like a reader coming to a new story for the first time. I should be able to judge it fairly - is it any good, or does it stink?

But I was quite pleased to find these. I want to get into the self-publishing arena, and having two books already written is going to speed up that process no end!

No comments: