Saturday, January 03, 2009

Dwarf legs don't move!

I've spent the last couple of weeks and a hundred bucks or so accumulating some Lego stuff- dwarfs, trolls, knights, blocks - to make some sets to animate a scene from my script of the Terry Pratchett book Thud! I call it The Summoning Dark and it'll make a great movie, if I do say so myself.

Well, the legs of the trolls move, and the legs of the knights (who I'd be using as Watchmen) move, but the legs of the Dwarfs dont' move - so how the heck am I supposed to animate them walking? Can't be done!

So I'm pretty annoyed right now, and have put that project on hold.

I'm debating whether to do a different scene, which could just be dwarfs sitting around talking - but it's a static scene, not the kind of thing to generate as much interest as the original scene I'd wanted to do. It's a scene where if you haven't read the book, or seen the rest of the movie, you wouldn't grasp the importance and power of it.

Well, I'll see if my mood improves in a week or two - I might do it...

IN any event, my 13 year old nephew will be getting a huge package of legos for Christmas next year!

No comments: