Thursday, June 07, 2007

The American Jusstice system has become the joke of the world

Been a while since I've had time to write here, and I'm so far behind on putting up material for The Thunder Child that it's not even funny. And it's going to be 3 or 4 more days before I can get back to it.

But I am so outraged by this Paris Hilton debacle. She serves 3 whole days in a country club prison, not eating and not sleeping, and gets released, condemned instead to 40 days inside her posh mansion.

What a joke.

How many women in exactly her same circumstances (except without the money, obviously) spend their first three days doing the exact same thing. Are they then shown mercy and sent home?

And of course now Hilton knows that whenever she gets in trouble again, assuming it doesn't kill her right out or cripple her, all she has to do is cry and whine and she'll be let free again.

I hate lawyers, but I hope they take note of this precedent and insist on it for their own clients with similar crimes.

No comments: