Thursday, May 17, 2007

Are You A Fan of Paris Hilton?

If so, why?

I have to confess I haven't really been following the Paris Hilton tragicomedy - I just have read a few messages on some genre message boards that I frequent (each one has an "Off topic" folder which is usually the most popular folder on the board) and they all just wish she'd OD and get it over with.

I say that her story is a tragicomedy because it is...much as Anna Nicole Smith's was. These women have what the foolish believe are the two things that make for a happy life - looks and money.

But...they don't/didn't have brains. And without a brain... the rest of the stuff goes to waste. Sure, they can have sex whenever they want - but then the guy dumps them after having been serviced so he can go talk to someone intellgient... and they've got money that they spend on their toys and their tiny dogs and their cars...

Well, perhaps Hilton's publicist will persuade her to do some good with some of her money - advise her to start a scholarship for girls or educational opportunities for women in real prisons, as opposed to country club prisons.... Never going to happen

I would really like fans of Paris Hilton to comment on this entry - why do you like her? And how much money do you yourself make in a year?

If you don't like Hilton, no need to comment - I think the reasons are pretty obvious...


On a more important note The Thunder Child is back on line after having been down for 3 days, and my hits don't seem to have dropped at all...they're not increasing, either...

I'm involved in a project that's taking me practically every waking hour of the day for the next week or so, but once I get that done I'll start shifting everything to a new, more reliable host.

No comments: