Monday, September 07, 2009

The passing of a tradition...

Well, nothing ever stays the same..

As I blogged about yesterday...Labor Day was the day when you could count on a Twilight Zone marathon at the Sci Fi channel. Now its the SyFy channel and all they've got on is paranormal - i.e. fantasy - crap called Ghost Hunters.

I admit it's been a long time since I watched the SciFi channel...I can remember when they first started airing, they had all kinds of classic TV shows, and talk shows for the SF enthusiast...when did all that start to fade away, and why?

But I could always count on them for the Twilight Zone on Labor Day!

Sure, I've got all the eps on DVD, and I don't even actually watch them except once a year any more, but the marathon was a great way to introduce new fans to the show, and by extension, one hoped, to 1950s and 1960s TV...

Not today, though.

No comments: