Sunday, June 14, 2009

Night at the Museujm 2 Redux


I went to see Night at the Musuem 2 again, with my sister this time, and her son, my 11-year-old nephew.

Enjoyed Hank Azaria's performance as Kahmunrah again, but now I think I know why I'm so obsessed with him now. (Relatively speaking, anyway.) Yes, nice body, nice Karloff impersonation...but it occurred to me at the beginning of his scenes that he reminds me of a British actor who has long been a favorite of mine, Clive Francis. And Azaria's delivery of his lines reminded me of Clive Francis's delivery of lines in the TV series The Piglet Files . Clive Francis is more handsome than Azaria, IMHO, but the delivery of lines, the self-confident stance - all reminded me of him.

So, for anyone who would want to check out Clive Francis, I have a website for him too, of course:
http://thethunderchild.com/CliveFrancis/

and of course my Azaria website - which does need to have more content added, admittedly, is at:

http://volcanoseven.com/TheUncannyAzaria

Funnily enough...my sister did not recognize Azaria's accent as that of Boris Karloff. I guess she's never seen a Karloff movie.

No comments: