Monday, August 18, 2008

Words to the Star Trek theme

They were pubilshed in Steve E. Whitfield's book THe Making of Star Trek... I used to know it by heart.. can I remember it?

Beyond
The rim of the starlight
My love
Is wandering in starflight
I know
His journey ends never
His star flight
Will go on forever
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea,
Remember, remember me.

Yeah, baby!

I hadn't thought of that poem (for it was never actually sung, I don't think) for at least a decade, and yet my memory managed to dredge it out!

THe sad thing about this poem is apparently Gene Roddenberry wrote it, so that he could claim part credit on the whole song, so he'd get residuals whenever it played! - Taking half the residuls away from the composer, Alexander Courage. Which is why he left the show after the first year.

No comments: