Thursday, November 15, 2007

More money than sense....

I haven't been able to work on The Thunder Child for the last week or so, as my real world job got in the way...

I finished that yesterday and have been decompressing ever since. Also my new betta died last night, and I'm a bit depressed about that, and then there's all the stuff going on in the world today, and looking at the US politicians, and their records over the course of 200 years, not to mention the records of politicians around the world...I think the world is doomed...

Yes, I'm depressed.

Then, I read this article about a NYC eatery called Serendipity 3, closed down after it failed its second health inspection in a month:

People stand in line for hours outside the Manhattan restaurant, known for its extravagant and expensive desserts. Its $25,000 Frrrozen Haute Chocolate features top-grade cocoa, edible gold and shavings of a luxury truffle and was declared the most expensive dessert in the world by Guinness World Records. The eatery also offers a $1,000 sundae named Golden Opulence requiring 48-hour advance notice.


So loons pay $25,000 for a Frrozen Haute Chocolate, and $1,000 for a sundae named Golden Opulence...and the owners of this place can't keep out cockroaches and mice???? What is wrong with this picture????

No comments: